Posted in Uncategorized on 04/26/2015 09:41 pm by Mrs. Ellis
WOW!!! What a fantastic Chicago trip! The weather wasn’t too bad (the sun even peeked out at times) and the kids (and chaperones) had a great time! Thank you to all who helped make this trip a success.
If you have some group pictures that you would like to have in the 5th grade memory video, now is the time to send them in! Please select a few of your favorites and either send them to me (email@example.com) or Mrs. Sylvester (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you can send them in on a CD/flash drive or hard copy.
Posted in Uncategorized on 04/23/2015 09:41 am by Mrs. Ellis
Our Chicago trip is finally here! Make sure you are at the school Friday morning by 6:00 a.m. with a sack lunch and 5th grade T-Shirt on. Bring a sweatshirt or light jacket and wear comfortable shoes! Make sure all music, movies, & games are appropriate for 5th grade level. CHICAGO HERE WE COME!! ~Mrs. Ellis
Please review the itinerary/rules for our day in Chicago.
1. Meet in the Cafeteria at 6:00 a.m. SHARP! The bus will be leaving at 6:15 a.m.
2. Bring a sack lunch for the bus ride to Lincoln Park Zoo.
3. A phone tree was sent home for those who are not accompanying us on the trip. We will call as soon as we cross the MI/IN border. Approximate arrival time home is 12:00 a.m.
RULES & GUIDELINES:
1. MODEL SUPER SAILOR BEHAVIOR IS EXPECTED FROM ALL STUDENTS AT ALL TIMES. REMEMBER TO BE RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, KIND AND SAFE.
2. EVERYONE MUST SHOW RESPECT TO ALL! INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR, LANGUAGE, AND/OR GESTURES ARE PROHIBITED.
3. ALL BUS RULES MUST BE OBEYED, ESPECIALLY: REMAIN SEATED AT ALL TIMES WHILE TRAVELING, AND DISPOSE OF ALL LITTER IN THE PROPER PLACE.
4. CD PLAYERS, DVD PLAYERS, IPODS AND GAME SYSTEMS ARE ACCEPTABLE.
5. ALL MOVIES (G OR PG), GAMES AND MUSIC MUST BE AGE APPROPRIATE. Please be respectful of all peers and chaperones.
6. EACH STUDENT SHOULD BRING HIS/HER OWN SNACKS TO EAT ON THE BUS. NO GLASS CONTAINERS.
7. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES MAY BE PURCHASED OR CONSUMED, THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE TRIP. (CHAPERONES)
8. DRESS PROPERLY FOR THE WEATHER. IF YOU BRING A JACKET AND DO NOT NEED IT, YOU MAY LEAVE IT ON THE BUS.
9. EACH PERSON NEEDS TO BRING A SACK LUNCH, WHICH WE WILL BE EATING ON THE BUS AS WE ARRIVE AT THE LINCOLN PARK ZOO.
10. EACH STUDENT MAY BRING SPENDING MONEY.
11. EACH STUDENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS/HER BELONGINGS.
*** THE FOLLOWING TIMES ARE MICHIGAN TIMES***
6:00 A.M. STUDENTS AND CHAPERONES MEET IN SCHOOL CAFETERIA-At this time teachers will pass out the seating chart and itinerary.
6:15 A.M. BUSES ARRIVE- WE WILL BOARD AT THIS TIME.
Note: WE WILL BE STOPPING AT THE MICHIGAN BORDER REST
AREA (JUICE AND SNACK PROVIDED)
*** THE FOLLOWING TIMES ARE ILLINOIS TIMES***
9:00 A.M. ARRIVE AT MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY (opens at 9:30 a.m.)
9:45 A.M. OMNIMAX THEATER MOVIE (Journey to Space) REQUIRED/PLEASE BE ON TIME SO WE CAN ENTER AS A GROUP. Your child’s teacher prior to entering the show, which begins promptly at 10:00 A.M., will pass out all tickets.
1:00 P.M. BOARD BUSES TO LEAVE FOR LINCOLN PARK ZOO-EAT LUNCH ON BUS
1:45 P.M. ARRIVE AT LINCOLN PARK ZOO
4:00 P.M. BOARD BUSES TO LEAVE FOR DAVE & BUSTER’S
4:45 P.M. ARRIVE AT DAVE & BUSTER’S FOR DINNER- It is extremely important as a chaperone, you are with your group at ALL TIMES. Game cards will be handed out during dinner to chaperones only. Please get these from you child’s classroom teacher.
7:15 P.M. BOARD BUSES FOR MUSKEGON
*** THE FOLLOWING TIMES ARE MICHIGAN TIMES***
12:00 A.M. APPROXIMATE ARRIVAL TIME AT SCHOOL
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Looking forward to a great day in Chicago!! Predicted Weather in Chicago for 4/24: A few clouds. High of 52. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 10%.
Posted in Uncategorized on 03/31/2015 09:21 pm by Mrs. Ellis
Hello 5th grade students and families!
Our March is Reading Month is coming to a close and our WhiteCaps reading calendar is due tomorrow (4/1)! Students should have signatures on every day of March for every 15 minutes he/she has read this month. If you would like chaperone this trip, please make sure to fill out the right side of the calendar and turn it in tomorrow. (The game date is May 13th).
If you have misplaced the calendar, see below for the attachment.
Have a good night!
2015 calendar WhiteCaps
Posted in Uncategorized on 03/29/2015 07:01 pm by Mrs. Ellis
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: J386K
Please remember to place your Reading Club orders by April 03!
You can shop and submit your order online or return the printed order form with payment directly to me. No matter how you order, every purchase you make earns FREE Books and educational supplies for our classroom.
The arrival of the book box is always a highlight-thanks for making it happen!
Ordering online is fast and easy:
ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Posted in Uncategorized on 03/25/2015 08:55 am by Mrs. Ellis
Hello 5th grade families!
We are currently in a very close Box Tops race with Mrs. Sylvester’s class and losing by only 100 box tops! Please take the time to start cutting out those Box Tops, begging from neighbors and friends, and send them in soon! The contest ends before spring break.
Thanks for your help,
Posted in Uncategorized on 03/25/2015 08:53 am by Mrs. Ellis
I was able to reserve the auditorium for today’s performance! It will take place from 12:20-12:50 p.m. Pictures to come!
Posted in Uncategorized on 03/17/2015 09:48 pm by Mrs. Ellis
Hello 5th grade families,
I will not be in school tomorrow so the performance that was scheduled for Wednesday, will be postponed for a later date/time. I will keep you posted on the new date/time when it becomes known.
Thank you for your flexibility!
Posted in Uncategorized on 03/17/2015 10:39 am by Mrs. Ellis
We have been rehearsing our fluency piece “The Catch of the Day” for the past week and a half and we are ready to perform!
Our performance will take place on Wednesday from 12:20-12:50 in the auditorium. If you can join us, we would love to have you!
Sam Carr-The Griot
Trip Cornell- The Weaver
Heavyn Seils- Child One
Jenna Tierman- Child Two
Caleb Leonard-The Fisher
Hannah Olthof- The Basket maker
Kamry VanLue- The Baker
Lauren Davis- Woman with the Fruit
Ashton Ross- Farmer
Savanna Vos- Man with Rice
Posted in Uncategorized on 03/16/2015 03:57 pm by Mrs. Ellis
Here are the 2 new vocabulary cards and definitions that are due (with pictures and colored) tomorrow.