Wow! March is Reading Month and is filled with lots of fun things you will want to know about:
- One School, One Book. Every Lincoln Park family received a copy of Humphrey’s School Days. Please follow the reading schedule on the included bookmark and enjoy this book with your little one. What a fun book to read together.
- March Sharing – student readers. Students were assigned a day of the month to read a book of their choosing to the class. Please help your child practice repeatedly this book and ensure they are fluent at reading it. Please choose a book that can be finished in around 5 minutes. If you misplaced your calendar, please ask your teacher for your child’s assigned date.
- March Reading At Home Calendar – Follow the directions on the provided calendar to make every day of March a day to celebrate reading. Send in pictures of your child participating so we can share them with the class.
February brings two very fun first grade celebrations. Students will enjoy a Valentine exchange with their friends on Tuesday, February 14. Since we are first graders, we celebrate the 101st Day of School. Your teacher sent a volunteerspot link for needed supplies for both of these fun events. Thank you for sending in an item or two to make these celebrations a success!
Happy New Year 2017!
The holidays are over and January is here. It’s time to get back to school and focus on learning once again. Our sharing project for January will help us make some goals for the new year. Our school goals are to get these first graders reading, reading, reading!
It’s December in First Grade…so where’s the snow? When it does decide to turn into winter, please remember how toasty your children will feel playing outside in the proper gear. Boots, gloves, and hats can make for happy outside play. It will be important to remember to send in shoes to change into as well, so those wet boots can dry in the hallway during the day.
It is so exciting to see all of the new readers in first grade grow in their love of reading! This class is excited to read every day, which makes my job a little easier. Remember to read at home as well, and record those minutes on the pink slips in the homework folder.
Some dates for your calendar:
- Dec.5: Monday Dismissal at 3:30
- Dec.9: Sock Hop for walk-a-thon
- Dec.12: Map Projects due
- Dec.12:Monday Dismissal at 3:30
- Dec.14 CREW Assemblies…wear CREW blue today.
- Dec.15: First Grade Holiday celebration 2:15 – 3:30
- Dec.16: Last day for Toys for Tots
- Dec.16: Last day before break
- Tues.Jan.3: Classes Resume
Nov. 17th – PTO Skate Night
Nov. 18th – Coffee with Karen @ 8:30am Come and share your thoughts with our principal!!
Tues, Nov. 22 – 1st Grade Stone Soup
Nov. 23rd – ½ day, dismissal @11:45am
Nov. 24-25 – No school for the Thanksgiving Holiday!!
Monday, October 31st.
- 11:00 – Change into costumes
- 11:15 – Snack
- 11:30 – 12:15 – crafts and games
- 12:15 – change back into clothes
- 12:35 – lunch
*All parents are welcome to attend from 11:00 – 12:30.
*SignUp.com:Don’t forget to follow your teacher’s link to sign up to bring in materials for your classroom party.
*Reminder: Students will need to bring their costumes to change into at school so, the easier, the better! Noscary, gory or violent costumes are allowed.
Click on the links below to be reminded about the new pick-up procedures that begin Monday, October 3rd.
Mark your calendars for Spirit Week at Lincoln Park!
Monday 9/26: Pajama Day
Tuesday 9/27: Favorite Holiday Day (Dress for your favorite holiday – no Halloween costumes)
Wednesday 9/28: Pattern Day (Wear as many different patterns as you can.)
Thursday 9/29: Color (Rainbow) Day (Kindergarten=red, 1st=orange, 2nd=yellow, 3rd=green, 4=blue, 5th =purple)
Friday 9/30: Sailor Pride Day – Homecoming Parade
Welcome to the first grade! We are glad you are here and look forward to a great year of growing, learning, and fun.
Thanks for checking out our classroom blog. Be sure to check back regularly for helpful updates, to find extra copies of the weekly newsletter, sharing assignments, or sight words, and to have your child visit the web links I select for extra practice.
Below are the curriculum informational packets handed out at Open House.