Please complete homework number #1, ABC order, for this week’s homework assignment.
November is a time of giving thanks. The first grade teachers are sooo thankful for the great group of kiddos we get to work with this year. We are also thankful for the wonderful amount of parent volunteers and helpers we have working with us this year in first grade.
- Friday, Oct. 30thfrom 2:15-3:15pm – all are welcome to attend….and help.
- Students change into costumes at 2:00. Come at this time if they need help, please!
- If you donated food that requires refrigeration, please send it in the morning of October 30thPlease send all other donations in by Wednesday, October 28th.
- Please send your child’s costume and all the necessary accessories in a clearly marked bag so it will be easy for them to find and put on.
- Remember….no gore, violence, weapons or scary costumes allowed.
Wow! Where did September go?
We are really settling in to first grade. Students are getting more comfortable with their days at school and their new friends. We are learning the expectations and are working diligently every day! Congratulations to all of our first graders for the bucket full of CREW tickets they have earned so far!
We will be having parent/teacher conferences earlier than years past. We will have conferences on October 19 and 22. Please check your calendar for your availability and return your confirmation to your child’s teacher a.s.a.p.
October also means Halloween! Your child’s teacher will be sending out an e-mail with a link to volunteerspot.com. This is the website that we use to organize the materials needed for the upcoming party, and the website you will use to sign up for items you are willing to send in for this special day. Just follow the link sent by your child’s teacher. Thanks!
Welcome to the first grade! We are glad you are here and look forward to a great year of growing, learning, and fun.
Thanks for checking out our classroom blog. Be sure to check back regularly to read the weekly newsletter (which will no longer be printed in hard copy), for helpful updates, if you need copies of lost Book It forms, and to have your child visit the web links I select for extra practice under the “blogroll.”