April sharing will be coming to your house soon! Each student will have one night to spend with a special stuffed animal and enjoy a story. They will record their events in a class journal. Please be sure to send the bag and all of it’s contents back to school the very next day.
Wow! March is Reading Month and is filled with lots of fun things you will want to know about:
- One School, One Book. On March 1st, every Lincoln Park family will receive a copy of E.B. White’s Charlotte’s Web. Please follow the reading schedule on the included bookmark and enjoy this book with your little one.
- March Sharing – student readers. Students were assigned a day of the month to read a book of their choosing to the class. Please help your child repeatedly practice this book and ensure they are fluent at reading it. Please choose a book that can be finished within 5 minutes. Please see your child’s assigned day on the calendar sent home on Friday, February 26th.
- March Fun Calendar – As students participate in the fun activities suggested on the March Reading Calendar, please send the completed projects to school. We would also love to have pictures sent to us by e-mail. The students love to see each other on the big screen in the classroom when we share them with the class.
February brings two very fun first grade celebrations. This year, we are celebrating the 101st Day of School…..since we are 1st graders! Also in February, students will enjoy a Valentine exchange with their friends. Please help make these fun events possible by donating needed items through your teacher’s volunteerspot link.
Remember, we return to school on Monday, January 4th
Happy New Year 2016!
The holidays are over and January is here. It’s time to get back to school and focus on learning once again. Our sharing project for January will help us make some goals for the new year. Our school goal for these first graders is reading, reading, reading!
It’s December in First Grade…so please remember how toasty your children will feel playing outside in the proper gear. Boots, gloves, snowpants and hats can make for happy outside play. It will be important to remember to send in shoes to change into as well, so those wet boots can dry in the hallway during the day.
It is so exciting to see all of the new readers in our rooms grow in their love of reading! First graders are excited to read every day, which makes our jobs a little easier. Remember to read at home as well, and record those minutes on the December Book It recording sheet.
First Graders are in charge of our Toys For Tots drive at Lincoln Park. They will be making announcements, giving reminders, and counting toys to encourage Lincoln Park to donate toys. Have they asked you if they can earn some extra chore money to purchase a new toy to donate to this worthy cause?
Be on the lookout for links to volunteerspot.com in teacher e-mails as we begin to plan our Holiday party. We’ll need your help to make this event fun for the little ones.
Please complete homework number #1, ABC order, for this week’s homework assignment.
November is a time of giving thanks. The first grade teachers are sooo thankful for the great group of kiddos we get to work with this year. We are also thankful for the wonderful amount of parent volunteers and helpers we have working with us this year in first grade.
- Friday, Oct. 30thfrom 2:15-3:15pm – all are welcome to attend….and help.
- Students change into costumes at 2:00. Come at this time if they need help, please!
- If you donated food that requires refrigeration, please send it in the morning of October 30thPlease send all other donations in by Wednesday, October 28th.
- Please send your child’s costume and all the necessary accessories in a clearly marked bag so it will be easy for them to find and put on.
- Remember….no gore, violence, weapons or scary costumes allowed.
Wow! Where did September go?
We are really settling in to first grade. Students are getting more comfortable with their days at school and their new friends. We are learning the expectations and are working diligently every day! Congratulations to all of our first graders for the bucket full of CREW tickets they have earned so far!
We will be having parent/teacher conferences earlier than years past. We will have conferences on October 19 and 22. Please check your calendar for your availability and return your confirmation to your child’s teacher a.s.a.p.
October also means Halloween! Your child’s teacher will be sending out an e-mail with a link to volunteerspot.com. This is the website that we use to organize the materials needed for the upcoming party, and the website you will use to sign up for items you are willing to send in for this special day. Just follow the link sent by your child’s teacher. Thanks!
Welcome to the first grade! We are glad you are here and look forward to a great year of growing, learning, and fun.
Thanks for checking out our classroom blog. Be sure to check back regularly to read the weekly newsletter (which will no longer be printed in hard copy), for helpful updates, if you need copies of lost Book It forms, and to have your child visit the web links I select for extra practice under the “blogroll.”