- Develop fine motor skills through tracing preset shapes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of primary colors.
- Recognize and draw basic two- dimensional shapes.
- Demonstrate proper usage of biggie temperas, cutting on a line, use of liquid glue and fingerpainting techniques.
- Recognize and draw the following line styles; vertical, horizontal, diagonal, wavy, curved and zig zag.
- Name primary colors.
- Name warm and cool colors.
- Demonstrate the ability to draw a triangle, circle, oval, rectangle and square.
- Demonstrate proper grip for drawing and cutting utensils.
- Create a self-portrait.
- Demonstrate the ability to mix primaries to create secondary colors.
- Demonstrate ability to create crayon resist.
- Identify the characteristics of and create a realistic composition.
- Identify and create a contour line drawing.
- Create a paper weaving using warp and weft.
- Identify characteristic of and use of organic and geometric shapes.
- Create a realistic family portrait.
- Create a symmetrical piece of art.
- Demonstrate correct watercolor technique and mixing.
- Create a thumbnail sketch that leads to a final piece of art.
- Create a landscape and be able to identify foreground, middle ground, and background.
- Create a work of art that reflects the characteristics of a specific world culture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and use of neutral colors.
- Demonstrate color mixing in a variety of media.
- Create a still-life drawing.
- Create a realistic drawing.
- Create a three-dimensional art piece and explain the difference between two and three-dimensional work.
- Create artwork that demonstrates radial balance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of complimentary colors.
- Create a non-objective composition.
- Create a one-point perspective drawing.
- Create an optical illusion.